CREATOR’S EDGE PRESS GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read our guidelines below and fill out the submissions agreement found here.
If you have a story or idea that you think the world needs to see then send us your pitch! We will make every attempt to respond with a “yes” or “no” answer to your submission within three weeks. Please be patient. Sometimes we get swamped and need more time to respond. We understand that sometimes email gets lost in transit or in SPAM filters, so if you haven’t heard from us in 30 days, feel free to send us a follow up email.
All project pitches should include the following:
1. Cover Letter: Send a short introductory letter (a few paragraphs) that tells us about you and the story you’re submitting. Tell us what makes your story special? Sell it! Also, If you have been previously published (online or in print), let us know and send the appropriate links. Your cover letter can be in the body of an email.
2. Art: Cover art and at least six pages of penciled and inked sequential pages (colors and lettering optional, but recommended). You don’t have to send us the first six pages of your story; just six continuous pages that will blow our minds and make us want to publish your comic. Send us the best six-page sequence in your story. This is the most important component of your submission. Comics are a visual medium. Although we are all about the independent side of the industry, your art must be of professional caliber. We do accept a wide variety of styles, so just because you don’t see your style on the shelves of the local book store doesn’t mean we will not accept your submission. Take a chance, if you believe in your work and present it well then there is a good chance we will want to work with you.
3. Story: Please write a one page or less story overview. This should be a high-level story summary that tells us what happens from the first one to issue done. This shouldn’t be a detailed blow-by-blow description of every little event that happens, but rather an over all view of what takes place across the entire story arc. You can write your story overview in the Creator’s Edge Press submissions sheet below.
4. Creator’s Edge Press Project Information Sheet: Please fill out our Submission Agreement and include it with your submission.
5. Optional: If you have the items below, please send them, as they will help strengthen your submission. If you do not, don’t worry, you won’t be penalized. Think of it as extra credit.
• Issue breakdowns describing what happens in each issue or OGN chapter
• Character designs and/or character descriptions
• Concept art
• Additional cover concepts or pinup art
Please send us your project pitch or art submission via the following methods:
At Conventions: We also accept submissions and pitches at the Creator’s Edge Press, and Creator’s Edge Press affiliate convention booths. Check the Appearances page to find out when we’re coming to a convention center near you! We may not always be able to review your submission on the spot, so please put all your submission materials in an easy-to-carry package so we can take it home with us to review it later.
By Mail: If you prefer, you can send your submission via postal mail. DO NOT send original art or materials you cannot replace, as your hard-copy submission will not be returned. Don’t forget to include your email address on your cover letter so that we may contact you if the need arises. Creator’s Edge Press c/o Submissions 25835 110th Ave SE APT C203 Kent, WA 98030
By Email: Submissions@creatorsedgepress.com
Email is our preferred method for receiving submissions. If possible, please post your submission online and send us a link. Cover letters can be typed into the body of the email. If you do not currently have an online site in which to post your work, you can build one using a free online service, such as deviantART, Flickr, or Blogger. If you do not want to give the general public access to your work, you can password protect your site—just don’t forget to send us the password!
If you have an idea but no artist we suggest using Facebook, deviantArt, Penciljack or Digital Webbing as a good place to start.
Custom Comic Publishing
If you own the intellectual property or hold the license to a popular movie, TV show, video game, book, cartoon, character, personality, etc., Creator’s Edge Press may be able to help you extend your brand presence into the comic and book markets. Please send inquiries to: Travis.Bundy@creatorsedgepress.com.
Should you have any further questions about submitting to Creator’s Edge Press, contact us at Travis.Bundy@creatorsedgepress.com. Please make sure you’ve read these guidelines carefully before sending submissions or pitches of any kind. All submission should be accompanied by our submissions agreement, which can be found here.
Thank you and good luck!
Submissions document based on template provided by Ape Entertainment. Copyright © 2004 Ape Entertainment.